Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fun and Games

No excuses this time for my slowness in updating this site. Just plain, old-fashioned laziness!

Well, that and the kittens have gotten a lot harder to photograph. They've figured out that when Mommy starts looking through that big black thing, it's time to look away to avoid the flash.

But mainly, it's pure laziness.

Squeaky and Fluffy continue to do well. They have converted to a dry food diet now, in preparation for their return to the shelter in a couple of weeks. They have also fully mastered the use of the litterbox. No messes to clean up in quite some time.

To my surprise, they have never figured out how to climb over the little make-shift gate I put up in front of the door to their room to keep them from running out when I go in there. So, I've been leaving the door open when I'm there so they can enjoy their latest favorite game: Playing hide and seek on either side of the door. It's usually Fluffy on the side next to the wall, and Squeaky on the side facing the door frame (which pretty much fits their personalities, with Fluffy a little on the shy side still, and Squeaky always looking for adventure). They play footsies under the door, chase each other around it, and generally have a grand old time. I'm thinking of how I could maybe rig up a "door" for them to play with when I'm not around.

No comments: