Thursday, February 28, 2013

Very Long Hiatus

In the event anyone still stops by to read this, and wonders where I've gone, I thought I should take a minute to explain the really long hiatus.  The ferrets I was looking after for a friend in mid-2011 ended up staying much longer than the originally planned "few days".  By the time they returned home, kitten season was nearly over, and it was nearing the time of year I go on vacation.  Plus, I had family coming to visit soon, then Christmas to get ready for, etc. Then, last year started off with me needing surgery, and by the time all that was over, I decided it might be a good idea to take an extended break from fostering.  It's something I had been thinking about doing anyway, not only so I could get back to traveling more often, but also for the benefit of my super-shy, resident cat, Pablo who became noticeably more relaxed once I stopped bringing all those "strangers" into his home.  So, I have opted for the time being to volunteer in other ways, and let Pablo have the house (and me) all to himself as he prefers. It is very likely I will foster again at some point, though, especially if I can find a situation that lets me focus mainly on bottle babies, which don't seem to stress him out like the ones old enough to wrestle around and make "thud" noises do.  When that day comes, the Pint-Size Gazette will live again.

No comments: