Thursday, November 4, 2010

Homes Sweet Home

Snowball, Socks, and Leo have all been adopted. Socks was adopted by my sister and her family, who were visiting me at the time the kittens were due to go back to the shelter. This was a decision they had already made prior to finding about the tragedy that befell their other cat while they were away. It's unfortunate that Socks never got to meet Shadow. He would have made a terrific big brother for her. I'm told she's doing well, though, bonding with all three of the kids and enjoying being part of a family. I should be able to provide periodic updates and photos of her as she grows up.

As expected, Snowball was adopted right away. I had hoped that she and Leo might be adopted together, but unfortunately, it was not to be. Leo did find a home this week, though, so now all three are home and hopefully happy.

After taking a break for vacation and then taking a week to recover from vacation (caught a bug from someone), I decided I would go ahead and take one more litter this year before all the Christmas stuff starts. I picked up two orange tabbies from the shelter this afternoon. I will have their photos and intro entry up as soon as they're bold enough to let me take their picture.

No comments: