Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Meet the Quints

It's been a while, but as they say, when it rains, it pours kittens. Or something like that.

My latest pint-size house guests are somewhere between three and four weeks old. I brought them home a week ago to foster. I originally intended to only keep them for a day or two until another foster home could be found, since I wasn't sure I could handle bottle feeding five kittens all by myself while also having major remodeling work done in my home. But these little ones turned out to be no trouble at all. They eat very quickly, and are far enough along in their development that they don't "ask" for food in the middle of the night. :) So, as long as they don't outgrow the tub in my one working bathroom before my regular kitten room is painted, they'll be sticking around until they're weaned, and maybe all the way until their ready for adoption.

For now, their names are Cindy, Sydney, Sam, Scruffy, and Tiny. Cindy and Tiny look like girls, Scruffy and Sam look like boys, and Sydney has an irritated bottom, so I can't tell for sure (I'm guessing boy, but I used a name that could go either way just in case). They're learning to use the litterbox, occasionally sampling gruel, and starting to play. They seem like they're going to be really sociable.

No comments: