Monday, August 3, 2009

Moving Up

Against my better judgment, the kittens got some bigger digs today. I couldn't stand watching them futilely trying to climb out of the bathtub one more second. So, I moved them and all their stuff to the bathroom floor, knowing full well that I'll probably have one ginormous mess to clean up tomorrow, since they still haven't mastered the complex art of pooping in the litterbox without stepping in it and tracking it everywhere. So far, they've used their new-found freedom well, but I'm not naive. They'd already had their daily poops by the time I moved them. I fully expect to be mopping up little brown footprints by morning. Ew!

The kittens are eating so well off the plate now that I could probably discontinue the bottle altogether if I wanted to. I'm giving them a couple of bottle feedings a day, anyway, though because if they had a real momma cat, they'd still be nursing occasionally at their age. Besides, they've been such good little kitties they deserve to have a nice warm "dessert" of KMR as a reward for cleaning their plates!

No comments: